Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I'm Comin' Out (I Want The World To Know)

I'm sure I've caught your attention with that apt Diana Ross reference in the title. So in honour of pride month, I think it's time I revealed a rather newly developed characteristic about me.

I am bi-romantic.

For anyone unaware, bi-romance is not a sexual orientation, but a lesser form of bisexuality. What it means is that I'm romantically and physically attracted to both genders, but my sexual orientation remains the same, which in my case would be heterosexual. Bi-romance is probably a lot more common than most people would imagine, but it's often glanced over, possibly because of how trivialised it is by the media. You know what I'm talking about, having two drunk straight girls make out with each other in a movie or male athletes slapping each other's fannies in the locker room. 

Who can be bi-romantic? Well, anyone really. With bisexuality it's kinda obvious that you'll go for men and women, but bi-romantics don't go all the way. For instance, a gay man can be only sexually attracted to men, but can still want a romantic relationship with a woman. For me, I'm still happily married to my husband, by I sometimes would think about taking some female friends on a lovey-dovey date (with lots of kissing of course ;D). Now I've never acted on my bi-romantic urges and quite frankly I don't see myself doing so in the foreseeable future, but I do wanna be more open about it. Bi-romance is also common amongst asexuals, who are indifferent to intercourse. Whilst they remain abstinent, it's not unheard of for them to have make out sessions with their partners. They might even grope them too. Nudity might also be involved in bi-romantic relationships

I'm not expecting to be worshipped for my unique orientation nor do I beg people to, I just want everyone to get a clearer understanding of what bi-romance is. Who knows, you might actually have a friend or acquaintance who is bi-romantic, and now you'll know how to interact with them or what they're like. This was kinda a short one, but I'm hoping I tided you over until I finish the Red Pill review. 

1 comment: